Top 5 TrimmersUpdated Oct 2021
This is a topnotch corded and cordless use Philips beard trimmer, well designed and super-easy to use. It includes integrated vacuum hair catcher technology for a no mess trim that we loved. A premium Philips Norelco flagship product.
Innovative comfort trim and lift precision technology with double-sharpened stainless steel blades plus 20 lock-in adjustable settings. Easy clean attachments, LED battery indicator, 60 minutes runtime on 1 hour charge.
This particular Philips electric trimmer is not suitable for the longest beards as the vacuum chamber fills up quickly.
Sleekly ergonomic, this classic rechargeable cordless Philips beard trimmer does a top grooming job for even the toughest beards, with a precision close 1mm trim for that designer stubble look. It is highly robust and affordable.
Stainless steel self-sharpening blades, easy to set 1 -10mm adjustable settings and comfort grip design. 10 hour charge with 45 minutes of cordless use. Easy clean feature.
This Philips clipper for men not include a turbo boost feature.
Here’s your ultimate multigroom Philips trimmer for men that delivers on cordless turbo power, maximum versatility and great comfort, especially for those delicate nose and ear areas. A premium machine with travel friendly, sleek design.
This Philips trimmer for beards boasts 18 adjustable lengths suitable for all grooming details. Skin friendly high performance blades, plus 35 minutes of cordless use in one 10-hour charge. As with all Philips Norelco products, it’s water resistant for easy cleaning.
This Philips trimmer has a fairly long charging time.
This rechargeable Braun hair clipper is powered by a dual battery system that makes it ultra-portable and can be used either in corded or cordless mode. It is sleekly high performance, comfortable to grip and at for a great price.
Dedicated comb for 9 precise length settings. Ultra sharp long-lasting blades, memory safety lock system. Fully washable.
Does not include delicate area trimmer.
Here you have a high precision powerful Braun trimmer for the even the closest stubble look. The slender trimmer delivers on consistently comfortable results and is efficient on the toughest or longest beards. We loved its smart carry pouch.
It has two Click&Lock trimming combs with 25 precise settings that is fully washable plus a dual battery N1-MH system that works in both cordless and corded mode.
This particular Braun trimmer does not include delicate area trimming accessories.
How We Decided
Trimmers - Our Experts Advise
- Need a beard trimmer?
- Perhaps your beard style is a little long or you want to style it into something different? There are so many beard and hair trimmers for men that it can quickly become confusing to pick the right one. Here are a few pointers to help you along the way.
- Now this one has a really special feature….
- The Philips Vacuum Beard Trimmer Series 7000 – BT7206/13 is a really hassle-free hair trimmer, with seemingly infinite length flexibility, and with an integrated vacuum system that collects 90% of cut hairs as you trim for super easy clean up.
- Unwanted nose and ear hair?
- The Philips QG3322/13 Shaving Machine is an all-round styling and trimming hair clipper which comes with multiple attachments, including a clip-on rotary nose trimmer to rid you of unwanted nose and ear hair.
- We think that the best for travel grooming, with perfect portability, is the slender Braun BT5050 Beard Trimmer. This beard and hair trimmer delivers 25 length settings for flexible precision, plus it’s an excellent rechargeable hybrid model that packs neatly into a carry bag.
Trimmers – Features
- Adjustability- Do you want to maintain a stubble look or a short to medium beard style? Or are you rocking a nice full beard style that ranges from 10mm and beyond? Either way, pick yourself a highly adjustable blade setting such as the Braun BT5050 Beard Trimmer that delivers on 25 precision settings for your look of choice.
- Quality of the Blades- Ensure that you pick strong steel blades, preferably with double-sharpened technology that are skin friendly and do not drag. Self-sharpening blades which lightly brush against each other as you trim, as found in the Philips Series 7000 BT7206 Beard Trimmer are worth the extra investment for longevity.
- Battery time- If you travel often, you might want to look at beard trimmers that have rechargeable batteries that last as long as possible. The best battery operated beard trimmers can give you one hour, and sometimes even more, beard trimming time such as the Braun BT5050 Beard Trimmer.
- Cordless Vs Corded- No doubt that rechargeable cordless trimmers for men are much more flexible and convenient than corded. Most beard trimmers with battery are obviously mobile and no cords are getting in your way. Cordless beard trimmers can also be waterproof which makes cleaning a piece of cake. Cordless, rechargeable units are typically the most expensive. But the added convenience is usually well worth the extra money. On the other hand a battery powered machine offers far less power. We liked models that offer both corded and cordless options such as the Philips Vacuum Beard Trimmer Series 7000 – BT7206/13.
- Accessories- A great beard trimmer will come equipped with several interchangeable guards and heads, which are particularly useful when you use the beard trimmer for different functions such as beard contouring, hair trimming, or nose or ear hair trimming.
- Easy to Clean- You’re looking for a machine that once you are done you can simply rinse the blades and comb under the tap such as the fully immersible Braun HC5010 Hair Clipper.