5 Best Coffee MakersUpdated Oct 2022
Stylishly compact with sleek, intuitive design this affordable capsule-based coffee machine prepares a rich cup of coffee with minimal fuss. There are a plethora of roast and ground Dolce Gusto coffee capsule choices available for the ultimate home barista.
15-bar pressure pump for consistent froth. Speedy thermoblock, plus adjustable cup platform. Super simple clean up. Companion coffee and milk pods suitable for espresso, cappuccinos and lattes.
Only a 600 ml one/two cup water tank. It uses only the Dolce Gusto capsules.
A slim, sleek machine that uses the Dolce Gusto companion coffee pods. The minimalist kitchen workspace footprint is a plus for this convenient machine that produces good quality coffee at a good price. Caffeine connoisseurs will enjoy!
Simple to set up and use with 15-bar pressure pump, easy clean and has fast heat up. Suitable for hot or cold drinks with a 800 ml water tank capacity.
There is no auto-stop feature so shut down is manual neither is there a separate steam wand for heating and foaming milk but the system does include special milk pods.
High-end machine for the lovers of great coffee for the home barista. This sophisticated, feature-rich, capsule-based coffee machine, delivers one touch coffee and fresh milk foam with six preset buttons. We loved the full-bodied coffee taste and aroma.
19-bar pressure pump for great foam. 900 ml water tank capacity plus 350 ml milk carafe. Fast thermoblock plus auto switch-off safety feature.
Lattissima pods by Nespresso may not appeal to Java enthusiasts. Not a cheap alternative.
Compact, sleek, and colourful, highly portable and really simple to use, this Nespresso espresso machine fits easily onto your kitchen workspace and is very affordable. Tasty capsules with a range of subtle strengths and flavours.
19-bar pressure pump with a fast 25-second warm up time. Auto shut-down mode if unused for 7 minutes. Simple two-sized buttons. Separate milk frother available for additional purchase.
It is noisy and can vibrate.
Small but packs a punch! The snazzy looking Mini Me produces a great single serve espresso we found to be smooth and rich from the range of Dolce Gusto capsules. No milk frother, but there are useful milk capsules that we thought tasted fine. This is a great espresso starter machine.
Compact and attractive. 15-bar pump with an adjustable cup stand. Intuitive operation, automatic single serve with easy clean up. Wide variety of flavoured pods suitable for both hot and cold drinks.
If you prefer a fresh milk frother then this isn’t the machine for you.
How We Decided
Coffee Makers - Our Experts Advise
- A great Coffee maker is a lifestyle choice that needs to fit into your household and your coffee drinking expectations. Here are our hot picks:
- Just how much coffee do you want to make each day and for how many?
- If it’s just you then probably a single or double serve will suffice. A quality choice is the Nescafe Dolce Gusto Piccolo. It is a compact two cup max option, but delivers a real punch in coffee richness, design and at a great price.
- Do you dream about frothy coffee?
- If you love steamed milk in your coffee then this coffee shop feature is a must have. The Nespresso Lattissima Touch Espresso will prepare you the ultimate cappuccino latte. It has a removable fresh milk container, plus high end one touch controls. It is a little pricey, but you are buying into a lifestyle.
- You’re maybe not a coffee snob,
- but enjoy a great cup for a decent price. Looking for a machine that won’t take a college degree to turn it on and that fits nicely onto your countertop? We loved the Nescafe Dolce Gusto Mini Me for exactly those reasons. It makes a great cup of coffee, won’t break the bank and is so simple to use. Excellent value!
Coffee Makers Features
- People who are concerned with energy conservation will appreciate energy-saving programs with auto-off timers. These features are part of the Nespresso Inissia and Lattissima Touch machines
- It’s important to look at a coffee machine’s versatility. A machine such as the Nescafe Dolce Gusto Piccolo gives you the opportunity to make multiple types of hot and cold drinks at the push of a button.
- Easy accessibility to the coffee machine’s pods is an important consideration when you make your choice of a coffee machine. Nescafe Dolce Gusto Mini Me pods and Delonghi Nescafe Dolce Gusto Jovia pods are probably the most widely available with stocks for both machines available at online retailers and at most local supermarkets.
- When you invest in a good coffee machine you don’t want to play guessing games as to how much water to add to the pod. The Lattissima Touch Espresso by Nepresso makes it easy to make the perfect cup of coffee with an extraction system that creates the ideal flow of water.
- You shouldn’t have to wait for a nice hot cup of coffee so it’s important to choose a coffee maker that works efficiently. Nespresso’s Inissia Coffee Machine delivers a steaming cup of aromatic coffee within 25 seconds of system activation.