5 Best Air FryersUpdated Oct 2021
When looking for healthier cooking options the Phillips Advance XL Air Fryer is without doubt a performance winner. This is a well-designed, robust product, with a decent 2.2 kilo capacity. It fries, grills and bakes using minimal fat and is the must have versatile kitchen appliance for the health conscious.
Sleek, easy to use & dishwasher safe. This Air Fryer by Philips cooks and heats evenly, with ultra-smart digital touch-screen controls, memory presets, plus a 60 minute timer. Suitable for up to four diners.
Because they are the top of the line, airfryers by Philips do come with high-end price tags.
This is a great value air fryer that is like having a multifunctional convection oven on your countertop. It’s sleek, modern design is gorgeous. It has a 5 liter capacity so is therefore suitable for family meal preparation, using 80% less fat and really easy cleanup. Delivers a convenient safety shut off feature and a buzzing timer.
This Black and Decker air fryer boasts a sleek design with large viewing window. Multiple safety features and dishwasher safe removable parts. Adjustable temperature control up to 220C and 60 minute timer. High spec dual convection fans included in an affordable product.
We found that the capacity seemed smaller than 5 liters and is quite bulky for the smaller kitchen workspaces.
Here’s a Saachi smart product that makes healthy eating delicious. The rapid air technology ensures that you can fry, bake or grill super-fast. It has top safety features, and is easy to keep clean with removable washable parts and a collapsing basket It delivers on sleek digital design and looks great.
It has a fairly large capacity so is suitable for up to 4 meal servings.
It is quite expensive for a 3.2 liter capacity.
The quality of the Tefal air fryer is evident in this compact and versatile machine that will sit nicely on your worktop ready for your healthy low fat food preparation. Like all machines in Tefal’s Actifry line, the Delight is convenient, features easy to use controls & useful safety features.
This air fryer by Tefal serves up excellent low fat results with 30 minute timer, adjustable temperature controls from 150C to 200C and dishwasher safe clean up. Punches above its size & price.
The Tefal Delight is probably suitable for individual meals only.
This Philips air fryer is small and snazzy enough to keep on your kitchen countertop. It’s a well-designed, compact appliance that includes a 30 minute timer and automatic shut off thermostat. Its non-stick interior means hassle free clean up with a second tier rack for versatility.
It does a great job when baking, grilling or steaming small portions with very tasty results.
The Philips Viva Collection air fryer is really better suited to individual meals due to its small 0.8kg capacity – and it’s fairly pricey.
How We Decided
Air Fryers - Our Experts Advise
- The market is full of different Air Frying products and makers promise a great deal. AskMjareb experts took the time to test out the full range and found the top product picks in terms of value for money and excellent performance.
- Delivering a compact and high-end product…
- Is the Philips Viva Collection Air Fryer. It is excellent for individual portions of healthy foods like those low-fat chips, and fits perfectly in a small space.
- For family cooking
- The multi-functional Black and Decker Air Fryer with 5 litre cooking capacity is a great machine. It has heavy-duty, 1230 wattage power that cooks up a storm and includes excellent safety features with a useful viewing window. The price is reasonable for the quality of product.
- A middle of the road machine
- Suitable for 3 or 4 diners, but with premium design and ultra- sleek operating features, is the somewhat pricey Philips Advance Collection XL Air Fryer. We loved the digital touch screen interface, smart preset programs and dishwasher-safe accessories. This is a 5-star machine.
Air Fryers Product Features
- Health benefits- The most popular air fryer uses include roasting, grilling, and baking using dry heated air. The best air fryers are also able to fry reducing the amount of oil needed by 80%. It is a useful device for those wish to follow a healthy eating program of delicious, nutritious, low fat, and healthy foods.
- Food capacity- When deciding on which air fryer is right for you, the desired size of the healthy foods you want to make should weigh heavily into the decision. Air fryers range in size and power, from the very small such as the 0.8 kg Delight Tefal air fryer to the family-sized 5 Liter Black and Decker air fryer.
- Safety controls & thermostat- Pick a model that include overheating protection, indicator lights and adjustable temperature controls of up to 220C. The higher the temperature the more your air fryer machine will be able to do. The Philips Advance Collection XL Air Fryer comes up trumps for safety.
- Other helpful air fryer features- Pre-programmed settings make air fryer usage easy for those who value convenience and healthy foods. These settings are most common on touchscreen air fryers such as the Philips Advance Collection XL Air Fryer. Removable basket and pan make cleaning and serving much less of a hassle plus many models come with useful accessories such as grill pan inserts and cooking trays as included in the Saachi 3.2 Liter Air Fryer.
- Air fryer price- The cost of an air fryer is dictated by its capacity & basket size, power of its thermostat and range of digital controls. These can include pre-programmed settings and timers including specific programs for popcorn, french fries and chicken recipes, and other low fat cooking and healthy foods.