Best 5 SmartwatchesUpdated Dec 2022
Apple leads the market to new frontiers with the Apple Watch 4. Its voice and hands-free features work so well it could actually replace your mobile phone. What’s more, it faces down the stiffest competition as a fitness tracker thanks to its auto-detect activity monitoring and innovative life-saving systems.
- Can function as a smartphone with LTE
- 64-bit processor loads programs quickly without lag
- Up to 3 days battery life with “Do not disturb” mode
- 16GB internal storage to keep all your music handy
- Using LTE and GPS at the same time drains the battery in as few as 4 hours
- Walk-tracking only starts after 15 minutes of walking
- No Apple sleep-detection
The Huawei Watch 2 is the first Android smartwatch in UAE that could actually replace your Android phone, with cellular connectivity, navigation maps, and text messengers. It even integrates with Google Play so you can download lots of great apps, and can zip between them thanks to its top-of-the-line processor.
- Voice-activated Google Assistant is quick and responsive
- Works with 4G, GPS, and has its own antenna
- Circular, daylight-friendly 1.2 inch AMOLED display
- Design custom training programs or choose from the Huawei Health app
- Only comes with 4GB of internal storage
- No automatic detection for workout starts/ends
- Double-chrome plastic watch body replaces stainless steel one
- Only water and dust resistant to 1M
This super-elegant Samsung smartwatch is the perfect fit for fitness: it tracks 39 different sports and offers 60 unique workout programs, and you can even create your own. It’s also suited for wilderness and mountaineering expeditions due to its excellent GPS, altimeter and barometer capabilities
- Auto-tracks 6 fitness activities
- Battery lasts 4 days with constant use
- Intuitive navigation using the rotating bezel around the screen
- Beautiful 1.3 inch AMOLED display is easily readable
- Notably missing support for WhatsApp, FB Messenger, Google Maps
- Samsung’s virtual assistant is subpar
- Takes a half-second to update time and stats each time it “wakes up”
The ultimate in personalized fitness monitoring. The Fitbit Versa tracks your progress in 15 sports and other metrics: sleep stages and times, heart-rate, steps walked, calories burned, stairs climbed, stationary time, even meditative breathing. On top of that, it also pushes notifications from your phone like any other smartwatch.
- Tracks over 15 different sports and displays unique, vital metrics for each
- Auto-detects workout pauses and provides a summary when finished
- Bright, readable display down to 50M for swimming and diving
- Smooth and responsive – no latency in performance
- Verified 3-4 days battery life on a single charge
The Apple Watch Series 3 is a solid buy with world-famous Apple design. Forward your texts, calls, and calendar appointments from your phone. Monitor heart rate, steps, and calories burned, as well as sports like swimming and cycling. Don’t forget turn-by-turn directions from Apple Maps, right to your wrist.
- GPS so you never get lost
- Beautiful 38mm or 42mm touchscreen that can be used as a flashlight
- Water-resistant casing for swimming
- Stream Apple Music and Podcasts directly to the smartwatch
- Processor delays when opening programs or returning to ‘Home’
- SIRI digital assistant is still patchy
- A lot of pre-installed apps are buggy
- LTE cellular connectivity is not standard
How We Decided
Best smartwatch for the office
Best Smartwatch for fitness
Best Android Smartwatch to replace your phone
Best smartwatch for extreme sports
- Never be away from your phone Text and WhatsApp messages from friends, family, and work have become a mainstay of our consciousness, not to mention important texts and push notifications from AliExpress, your bank, flights coming up, or even from the government. Checking these messages on your smartphone while exercising, driving, or just having dinner with the in-laws can be a bit awkward, rude or downright dangerous. Not so with a smartwatch, which allows you to review every message with a quick glance at your wrist. Not all the smartwatches mentioned in this list allow you to send messages back – if you need to, we suggest you go with the Huawei Watch 2 or the Apple Watch Series 4 – but all of them keep you up to date with your phone calls, text messages and calendar appointments. In the modern world, these can be incredibly timely and crucial.
- Cheaper than a personal trainer Most new smartwatches come with at least some fitness tracking and personal training features. So if you need extra motivation to work out, smartwatches can be a great way to remind you to get up and move every so often. They can also help you track your workouts and set goals to improve every day.While indeed most smartwatches support some sort of fitness programs, there are those that are made especially to help you during exercise. So if the only reason (or at least the main one) you want a smartwatch is to have a virtual personal trainer, focus your attention on one of those. For this, we recommend the Fitbit Versa, since it is the best smartwatch for fitness and among the best smartwatches for men available today.
- Get where you need to go Using your smartwatch to view turn-by-turn navigation on Google Maps or Apple Maps when walking around an unfamiliar city is just so much slicker than brandishing your phone out in front of you like a classic sightseer. When driving, having your next turn visually accessible on your wrist can be the difference between life and death or at least a hefty fine.Keep in mind though, that one of the design flaws of the Samsung Galaxy Watch is its lack of support for Google Maps, so if you’re an Android user that likes getting clear directions anywhere you go, AskMjareb recommends you stick with the Huawei Watch 2
- Make your voice heard Now that smartwatch hardware is becoming more powerful, voice-activated assistants are beginning to work as intended. Being able to ask Google Assistant or SIRI for a piece of information while jogging or while cooking is just so much more convenient with a smartwatch than with a phone.If this is one of your main reasons for wanting a smartwatch, AskMjareb recommends you go with the Apple Watch Series 4 or the Huawei Watch 2 , as these two offer the best voice-activated assistants in the market right now.
- All of the smartwatches reviewed on our AskMjareb guide represent the best in a different category. Either it’s the best smartwatch for fitness tracking, the best smartwatch that can replace your phone, the best Apple watch on the market today, and even the smartest-looking smartwatch. But they are all the best smartwatches for men available in the UAE today.