5 Best Men’s ShaversUpdated Oct 2021
A superior wet and dry rotary men’s shaver that offers a really smooth electric shave on even the shortest stubble. Its upbeat ergonomic design is perfect for the busy man, wanting that clean shaven look any time, any place. High quality at a mid range price.
Dual precision blades with ultra-flexible shaving heads. Has a quick charge, one shave option. Comes with a full set of trimming accessories and Philips shaver’s proprietary easy clean QuickRinse system.
This Philips trimmer feels a little draggy when used dry.
This is a very affordable and user-friendly cordless rotary headed men’s shaver. The design is comfortable, with an easy grip feature that we loved. This Philips shaver is super convenient for use both in the shower or a quick dry shave.
Delivers on a close, smooth shave with wet and dry technology. Long-serving, close cut, rotary shaving heads. Lightweight, with up to 10 hours of charged use. Includes LED battery indicator.
This Philips shaver doesn’t have its own cleaning brush.
Foil headed, waterproof men’s shaver that delivers an efficiently precise and smooth shave. Travel friendly, easy to clean, comfortable to use, and at a great price.
Ultra-thin, low friction foil technology with an LED charge indicator. The Ni-MH battery can last for up to 16 hours of shaving. Comes with a handy long hair Philips trimmer for men.
Can get hot quickly.
Here’s a top-rotary-head, waterproof Philips shaver that is lightweight, comfortable and great for portable use. It is low maintenance and the heads should last for around 2 years, making this shaver a really great buy.
Super Lift Cut technology that offers a smooth shave either wet or dry. Long life battery for up to 40 minutes of cordless shaving in a single charge.
This shaver by Philips is not great for really coarse facial hair.
This excellent, cordless, Braun shaver features a washable foil head. Also, this men’s shaver has Micro Comb technology for a really fast, triple actioned smooth shave, leaving minimal irritation. The trimmer by Braun offers ergonomic design suitable for even the toughest beards. A little pricey, but really does deliver.
Specially designed 2x SensoFoil heads with advanced x3 action precision. This Braun trimmer includes a middle length setting for longer hair and is easily rinsed clean. Has a reset shaver head replacement indicator.
Short charger cord is inconvenient.
How We Decided
Men’s Shavers- Our Experts Advise
- There are a dizzying array of electric shavers for men on the market. We felt that these five have real bang for your buck, delivering convenience and versatility for the busy man who is tired of razor cuts.
- How do you prefer to shave – wet, dry or both?
- Looking for either a wet shaver with foam or gel or a fast and convenient dry shave, then the rotary headed Philips AT610 AquaTouch cordless, is an affordable and user-friendly Philips trimmer. A big thumbs up for dual usage.
- If You Travel a Lot, You’ll Want….
- Want a comfortable-to-use shaver that is lightweight, travel friendly and with plenty of battery power? We recommend the well-priced Braun Series 1 150S foil headed shaver that has 16 hours of portable use.
- Consider Your Skin/Beard Type
- Is your skin type gentle or tough as nails? Do you shave 1 day stubble, or go a week between shaves? Thick or thin beard density? The result is always smooth and irritation-free with the higher priced, Braun Series 3 ProSkin. We loved its specialized Micro Grip hair capture and 3 pressure- sensitive foil heads – this one delivers the perfect shave.
Men’s Shaver Features
- Rotary vs Foil- Rotary beard trimmers for men are comfortable and provide a far gentler shave than the foil shavers, but they don’t deliver on a super close shave. Foil shavers are expert in closeness with sharper blades and advanced ergonomic technology.
- Wet & Dry Technology- Wet & Dry technology allows electric shavers to be used either under the shower or on dry skin. If you’ve got sensitive skin, then you might prefer a wet shave using a gel or foam.
- Pop-up Trimmer- Most electric shavers come with an integrated hair trimmer, such as on the Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3030s, which can be popped up. You can use the beard trimmer for grooming sideburns, mustache or a close beard.
- Easy to Use and Clean- Your electric shaver should be designed for both ease to use and a fast clean. The Philips AT890 AquaTouch, for example, has an excellent QuickRinse system that can be cleaned under the tap or in the shower.
- Mains vs. Rechargeable Shavers- We recommend a electric razor that can be charged overnight and then be used without a cord for numerous shaves. A battery indicator should alert you when it’s time for its next charge, and a quick charge for a couple of minutes should be enough for a one-time shave.
- LED Indicator- A charger with a LED indicator is good to keep you updated with the current battery level. It will warn you when your battery is low and notify you when you’ve plugged in the charger.