5 Best Body GroomersUpdated Oct 2022
This 6-in-one Braun grooming kit gives you ease of design and control of over your hairstyle, beard, body, nose, and ear hair. And with 40 minutes of high-precision use off just one 1-hour charge, the Braun Multi Grooming kit is a the most versatile all-around Braun trimmer we found.
The Braun Multi Grooming Kit comes with four attachments and thirteen different trim lengths – from 0.5 mm to 21 mm. Also, it has a great, removable easy-wash head.
This Braun groomer is not entirely waterproof. This means you can use the Multi Grooming Kit dry or with a nice layer of soap or foam, but you can’t actually shower with it.
For those who don’t want to mess with all the fancy adjustments and attachments, the Philips Bodygroom Series 3000 is a simple, long-lasting, high performing device. And at just a little more than half the price of the 7000 Series, you get the same ergonomic trim for your legs, abs, underarms, back, shoulders and groin.
The Philips Series 3000 is a hypoallergenic body groomer that comes with pearl tips. This Philips shaver works wet or dry, and you can even use it in the shower!
This Philips trimmer comes with just one attachment – for a 3 mm trim. For a smooth result, go without any attachment at all.
This midrange Philips trimmer is fully customizable for up to four different hair lengths (0.5 mm, 3 mm, 5 mm, 7 mm.) However, for a close shave on thick body hair, we recommend pre-trimming with the 3 mm comb. The 5000 Series also gives you 50 minutes of high-performance shaving on a single 1-hour charge.
Guys with thick curls will appreciate the two pretrimmers on the side to thin your hair in preparation for the main shave. The Bodygroom 5000 also comes with a cool handle-extender to help you reach your back.
While this Philips Norelco Bodygroomer can be used wet or dry, wet use may clog up the body groomer’s comb attachments. So if you’ve got a lot of hair and you’re planning to use the comb attachments, better do the job dry.
The Philips Series 5000 hair clipper cuts hair twice as fast as other Philips clippers, giving you the power to melt through your head, beard and body hair with ultimate speed and precision. With adjustability in 1 mm increments from 0.5 mm to 23 mm, this clipper also delivers highest-level flexibility and utility.
With the ability to run for a full 75-minutes, with no loss in performance, on a single eight-hour charge, the Philips Series 5000 Hair Clipper is quickly becoming the body groomer of choice for guys who travel.
Although the blades and comb are detachable and easy to clean under your tap, the Philips Series 5000 hair clipper is not entirely shower-proof. Some will miss the pointedly ergonomic design in the bodygroom model.
Philips really upped their game here, integrating the switchable combs from previous Bodygroom Series into the single, adjustable, two-sided Philips Norelco Bodygroom Pro. Further upgrades to the body groomer include a sleek new look and a 3D pivoting head to safely and comfortably reach all those nooks and crannies.
Seamless switch between the smooth-shave side, and the trim side, which features a single comb with 5 length settings between 3 mm and 11 mm.
Philips didn’t improve the battery life for the Bodygroom Pro beyond the already decent 50 minutes per 8-hour charge available with the Series 3000 and 5000.
How We Decided
Body Groomers - Our Expert Advice
- At AskMjareb, we know how valuable your time is, after all, time is money. Here is some of our experts’ best advice to help you cut to the chase and simplify your shopping experience.
- For the best value…
- Choose the Philips Series 3000 Body Groomer. You won’t sacrifice any essential elements such as ergonomic design, 50 minutes of high-performance battery life, and showerproof functionality.
- If you want just one body groomer that does it all…
- Then go with the Braun Multi-Grooming Kit. This Braun shaver sports six different attachments for every kind of hair that sprouts from your head, beard and body, and length adjustability from 0.5 mm to 21 mm. You’ll be able to do both your everyday and your specialty body grooming jobs with comfort and precision.
- The best option for travelers…
- Is the Philips Series 5000 Hair Clipper with 75 minutes of battery life and infinite length adjustability of up to 23 mm – so you can groom any part of your body to spec. And with no easy-to-lose attachments, just throw it in your bag, and fuhgeddaboudit.
- And the award for the best user experience…
- Goes to the Philips Bodygroom Pro. Within its breakthrough, two-headed design, Philips has integrated all needed functionality into one accessory-free body groomer. Finally, you can pivot seamlessly between adjacent body parts, shaving one absolutely smooth, leaving another fuzzy, all from within your shower, and without having to change even one attachment. The Bodygroom Pro has a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty, but you probably won’t need it.
Body Groomer Features
- Battery Life. The leader in this area, the Philips 5000 Hair Clipper gives you 75-minutes per charge. But keep in mind that industry standard is at least 40 minutes, so don’t accept less!
- Hair-Length Options. The simplest Philips shaver listed here, the Philips Bodygroom Series 3000 gives you only two options, smooth and 3 mm. But the more sophisticated hair clippers, such as the Philips Bodygroom Pro, Braun Multi Grooming Kit and the Philips Series 5000 Hair Clipper offer you anywhere from 5, 11, even 23 different precision hair-length outcomes.
- Self-Sharpening. This is a feature that is important to consider, because having to chase down replacement blades or mail order them could take you days or even weeks. The Philips Series 5000 Hair Clipper has self-sharpening blades, so you never have to worry.
- Water Tolerance. If it’s important to you to use your body groomer in the shower, then choose from the Philips Bodygroom Series – either 3000, 5000 or Pro. The Philips Hair Clippers and Braun Multi-grooming kit are not waterproof, although they do offer you the choice to detach the head and rinse in your sink for easy cleaning.
- Body-Friendly Design. Some men’s grooming kits offer ergonomic design for especially hard-to-reach areas like the back, groin (Philips Bodygroom Series), and nose and ears (Braun Multi Grooming Kit).
- Skin Friendly Materials. If you have sensitive skin, be sure to choose a body groomer with a hypoallergenic blade system. The Philips Bodygroom Series also comes with pearl tips and a protective foil to soften the touch of the blades.
- Company Guarantee. Most body groomers on the market today come standard with a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty. AskMjareb reminds you, no matter where you purchase your body groomer, be sure to register your product with the Manufacturer so you can exercise all of your repair and replacement options.